Tom Kammerait is a business attorney and the Chair of the Business and Corporate Law Practice Group. Tom represents businesses on all aspects of their business and corporate needs including transactional matters, tax, general corporate, real estate, technology, and estate planning issues. Tom’s unique approach helps clients set priorities for enhancing the value of their businesses and identifying risk management strategies. His core client base is emerging and established technology businesses, manufacturers, distributors, manufacturer’s representatives and service companies. He has managed over 100 business succession plans and business purchase or sale transactions.
Tom serves on the board of or in a board advisory role to several client companies and is a member of numerous business roundtable groups. He is a Certified Public Accountant and is listed in Wisconsin Super Lawyers® in the area of Business/Corporate Law. In 2009 Tom was named in Milwaukee Magazine as one of thirty professionals in estate planning designated as a Five Star: Best in Client SatisfactionSM. He is also a frequent speaker to business groups on business and corporate law issues, business succession planning, risk management, and tax matters, with a special emphasis on business priority management and tax planning.
professional and charitable activities:
- Board of Directors, Boehm-Madisen Lumber Co.
- Board of Directors, Wisconsin Association of Manufacturers’ Agents
- Board of Directors, Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc.
- Board of Directors, The Reggie White Sleep Disorders Research & Education Foundation
- Member, American and Milwaukee Bar Associations, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, American and Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants